Master’s thesis and other programme outcomes
9.9.2020 European Commission grants €4M funding for SECCLO – Master’s Programme in Security and Cloud Computing
18.6.2020 Flexibility and enthusiastic teaching make the SECCLO programme a great option. The first graduates of the SECCLO programme share their study experiences.
Photo: Aalto University/Kitty Norros
The final semester of the SECCLO programme is dedicated to the Master’s thesis (30 ECTS), jointly supervised by professors from both universities the student has studied in. The thesis is usually written in a research and development project either in industry or in academia.
SECCLO Master’s theses 2020 (intake 2018)
- Akgun, Tolgahan: Secure Lifecycle Management for Internet of Things Devices (Aaltodoc)
- Beder, Ahmed: Trust Management For A Decentralized Service Exposure Marketplace: A Service Exposure Perspective (Aaltodoc)
- Biswas, Shamim: Enhancing the Privacy of Decentralized Identifiers with Ring Signatures (Aaltodoc)
- Chowdhury, Arnab: Distributed deep learning inference in fog networks (Aaltodoc)
- Cornelissen, Eric: Cryptographic Analysis of the Message Layer Security Protocol in the Static Corruption Model (Aaltodoc)
- Duarte Coscia, Bruno: Evaluation of Network-Layer Security Technologies for Cloud Platforms (Aaltodoc)
- Duisembiyeva, Akzharkyn: Automated security analysis in a SCADA system (Aaltodoc)
- Elhariry, Mohammad: Device Pairing with Multi-modal Gestures: from Theory to Practice (Aaltodoc)
- Gödeke, Alexander: Machine Learning for IDS Alert Classification: A Recurrent Neural Network Approach (Aaltodoc)
- Hamidy, Gilang: Differential Fuzzing the WebAssembly (Aaltodoc)
- Hovsepyan, Satenik: Volumetric data streaming from smartphones (Aaltodoc)
- Kartaev, Timur: Assessment of privacy-preserving computation techniques for marketing analytics (Aaltodoc)
- Klein, Lukas: Shoulder-Surfing Protection for Textual Information (Aaltodoc)
- Long, Shiting: A Modelling and Simulation Tool for DNA Strand Displacement Systems (Aaltodoc)
- Mammo, Kidus: Online Platform for Interactive Tutorials: Cloud-Native Security (Aaltodoc)
- Nguyen, Xuan: Network isolation for Kubernetes hard multi-tenancy (Aaltodoc)
- Oro, Ervin: Secure zero-touch device provisioning in Bluetooth mesh networks (Aaltodoc)
- Phutrakul, Sataponn: Evaluation of Emerging Serverless Platforms (Aaltodoc)
- Plaku, Ngadhnjim: Online Platform for Interactive Tutorials: Provisioning Virtual Environments (Aaltodoc)
- Sulaeman, Adika: A Highly-Available Multiple Region Multi-access Edge Computing Platform with Traffic Failover (Aaltodoc)
- Tran, Luong: Privileged Access Management for System to System communications (Aaltodoc)
- Ujjwal, Sonika: Anomaly detection in network traffic based on connection-specific profiling (Aaltodoc)
Publications, papers, patents, start-ups, awards
Raj, R. and Truong, L., “On Analysis of Security and Elasticity Dependency in IIoT PlatformServices”,18th IEEE International Conference on Services Computing (SCC ‘21), Sep 2021.
The SECCLO consortium selected Kidus Wendimagegn Mammo for the Most Distinguished SECCLO Student Award 2020. The Most Distinguished Student award is given to a graduate who has demonstrated outstanding performance and excellent study success.
SECCLO team won the 5G Cybersecurity Hack competition in the “I bet you can’t get in” challenge by Cisco that took place during 18-20 May 2021. Team members: Ahmed Beder, Akzharkyn Duisembiyeva and Khiem Luong Tran.
Gautam , V , Long , S & Orponen , P 2020 , RuleDSD: A rule-based modelling and simulation tool for DNA strand displacement systems . in E De Maria , A Fred & H Gamboa (eds) , Proceedings of the 13th International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies : Volume 3 BIOINFORMATICS . SCITEPRESS Science And Technology Publications , pp. 158-167 , International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies , Valletta , Malta , 24/02/2020 . https://doi.org/10.5220/0008979101580167
SECCLO student or alumni – if you wish to have your achievement to be published here, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org !