Congratulations on being selected to the SECCLO programme! On this website, you will find more information on what to do next.
1. Accept your study place at Studyinfo.fi portal by Friday 29th May 2020 (3pm, GMT +3). Instructions are sent by email. Please note that students may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term.
2. Self-funded students: We will send you the invoice for the first academic year after you have confirmed your participation. Send a receipt of the paid participation cost as a scanned copy by the set deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Conditionally accepted students: If you have been conditionally accepted with an incomplete degree, submit attested copies of your degree certificate to SECCLO Admission Office by Friday 7th August 2020 (3pm, GMT +3).
According to SECCLO’s admission procedure, all students selected with an incomplete Bachelor’s degree will need to graduate by 31 July 2020 and submit an officially attested copy of the degree certificate by mail by 7 August 2020 (3 pm, GMT +3). If you fail to do this or do not graduate in time, the offered study place will be cancelled.
You have two options:
1) Mail us an officially attested copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate (with official translation, if the degree certificate is not in English). The paper copy of the degree certificate will need to comply with our country-specific document requirements. If there are no country-specific requirements that apply to your country, the copy needs to be stamped and signed either by the issuing university or a notary public. The same rules on attestation and translations apply as during our application period, see Application documents. Please mail us also you final transcript of records.
2) If you are uncertain whether you can get the degree certificate by the deadline given, we can accept also a statement (in English) from your university confirming that you have completed all credits (incl. thesis, if applicable) by 31 July 2020. This statement must be sent by email to email@example.com by 7 August. In this case, you will need to bring your original degree certificate, final transcript and their translations (if applicable) with you when you arrive to Aalto University.
4. Return other required documents, such as student agreement, by set deadlines. Instructions are sent by email.
5. Apply for 2-year residence permit (non-EU/EEA citizens) or book an appointment in order to register your residence at the Finnish Immigration Service (EU/EEA citizens).
All Erasmus Mundus scholarship recipients have sufficient funds to be eligible for 2-year residence permit. Self-funded students must have 13 440€ as a bank deposit or other scholarship/grant in order to get 2-year residence permit, or alternatively 6 720€ for 1-year residence permit. Please note that all enrolled SECCLO students are covered by an insurance scheme by Erasmus Mundus Student Protection (EMSP). This insurance meets the minimum health and accident coverage requested by the Finnish Immigration Service. You can apply for the residence permit once you have received your personal insurance card by email.
6. Apply for accommodation.
7. Organize your travel to Finland. New students are expected to arrive to Aalto University Otaniemi Campus on 31st August 2020.
8. Pay Aalto student union (AYY) membership fee and enroll as attending student at the University (in this order). This can be done also upon your arrival to Aalto University Otaniemi Campus.
9. Activate your Aalto IT credentials (username and email account).
An email with personal activation link will be sent to you in early August. Please follow the instructions on the email. If you do not receive an email, please contact Study Coordinator Laura Mursu (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Alternatively, you can also get your Aalto IT username and email from Aalto IT Service Desk upon arrival to Aalto University Otaniemi Campus.
10. Please follow your email for more information about orientation, the start of studies and other practical issues. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address.
1. Arrive to Finland before or on the first day of orientation week for new students (31st August 2020).
2. Get your keys and move in your apartment. Please see Shops and shopping for more information on how to purchase affordable furniture and houseware.
3. Pay AYY student union membership fee if you have not already. Please see the payment options at AYY website.
4. After paying AYY membership fee, enroll as attending student at the University by visiting Aalto University School of Science Student Services in case you have not enrolled yet. When enrolling, please show your 1) ID and 2) receipt of the paid AYY membership fee. Students lose their study right if they have not enrolled by the end of the official enrollment period on 4th September 2020.
5. Attend the orientation week programme. Orientation week programme will be published later.
6. Submit your personal study plan (HOPS) and design your study schedule.
7. Register to courses that start in period I. Academic year at Aalto University is divided into five periods. For more information, please see Aalto University academic calendar.
8. EU/EEA citizens: register your residence at the Finnish Immigration Service (you can get Finnish personal identity code at the same time)
9. If you have not received personal ID-code when applying for a residence permit or when registering as EU-citizen in Finland, you can apply for that at the Digital and Population Data Services Agency (former Maistraatti).
10. EM scholarship recipient: open a bank account if you do not have a European bank account. For more information on opening a bank account in Finland, please see Financial matters.
11. Other practicalities after paying AYY membership fee and enrolling as attending
– apply for a student card (Frank card)
– get a travel card with student discount (HSL card) by visiting HSL Service Point – for this purpose, you need your ID and the Travel Card Application Form for Exchange Students from Aalto University School of Science Student Services.
– order a library card
– change your Aalto password
SECCLO students during May Day 2019, Aalto University Otaniemi Campus
Office B157, Computer Science -building, Otaniemi Campus, Espoo
Street address: Konemiehentie 2, 02150 Espoo, Finland
Postal address: SECCLO, PL 15400, FI-00076 Aalto, Finland
We are in building number 30 in Aalto University campus map