Congratulations on being selected to the SECCLO programme! On this website, you will find more information on what to do next.
1. Accept your study place at Studyinfo.fi portal and return the required documents by set deadline. Instructions are sent to you by email. Please note that students may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term.
2. Self-funded students: We will send you the invoice for the first academic year after you have confirmed your participation. Send a receipt of the paid participation cost as a scanned copy by the set deadline to email@example.com
3. If you have been conditionally accepted with an incomplete degree, submit attested copies of your degree certificate to SECCLO Admission Office by the set deadline.
4. Apply for 2-year residence permit (non EU/EEA citizens) or book an appointment in order to register your residence at the Finnish Immigration Service (EU/EEA citizens). Please note that all enrolled SECCLO students are covered by an insurance scheme by Erasmus Mundus Student Protection (EMSP). This insurance meets the minimum health and accident coverage requested by the Finnish Immigration Service. You can apply for the residence permit once you have received your personal insurance card by email.
5. Apply for accommodation
6. Organize your travel to Finland. New students are expected to arrive to Aalto University Otaniemi campus on 31st August 2020.
7. Pay AYY student union membership fee and enroll as attending student at the University (in this order). This can be done also upon your arrival to Aalto University Otaniemi Campus.
8. Activate your Aalto IT credentials (username and email account). An email with personal activation link will be sent to you in early August. Please follow the instructions on the email. If you do not receive an email, please contact study coordinator Laura Mursu at firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively, you can also get your Aalto IT username and email from Aalto IT Service Desk upon arrival to Aalto University Otaniemi Campus.
9. Please follow your email for more information about orientation, the start of studies and other practical issues. Please remember to notify us if you change your email address.
1. Arrive to Finland before or on the first day of orientation week for new students (31st August 2020).
2. Get your keys and move in your apartment. Please see Shops and shopping for more information on how to purchase affordable furniture and houseware.
3. Pay AYY student union membership fee if you have not already. Please see the payment options at AYY website.
4. After paying AYY membership fee, enroll as attending student at the University by visiting Aalto University School of Science Student Services in case you have not enrolled yet. When enrolling, please show your 1) ID and 2) receipt of the paid AYY membership fee.
5. Attend the orientation week programme. Orientation week programme will be published later.
6. Submit your personal study plan (HOPS) and design your study schedule.
7. Register to courses that start in period I. Academic year at Aalto University is divided into five periods. For more information, please see Aalto University academic calendar.
8. EU/EEA citizens: register your residence at the Finnish Immigration Service (you can get Finnish personal identity code at the same time)
If you do not have a Finnish personal identity code: apply for the code from Finnish Immigration Service (EU/EEA-citizens) or Local register office (non -EU-citizens)
9. Scholarship recipient: open a bank account if you do not have a European bank account. For more information on opening a bank account in Finland, please see Financial matters.
10. Other practicalities after paying AYY membership fee and enrolling as attending
– apply for a student card (Frank card)
– get a travel card with student discount (HSL card) by visiting HSL Service Point – for this purpose, you need your ID and the Travel Card Application Form for Exchange Students from Aalto University School of Science Student Services.
– order a library card
– change your Aalto password
SECCLO students during May Day 2019, Aalto University Otaniemi Campus
Office B157, Computer Science -building, Otaniemi Campus, Espoo
Street address: Konemiehentie 2, 02150 Espoo, Finland
Postal address: SECCLO, PL 15400, FI-00076 Aalto, Finland
We are in building number 30 in Aalto University campus map